Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My day

I just want to cry. I want to cry for the customers who wander in
looking more for a conversation than for a purchase. I want to weep
for for all those who don't realize the amount of love that is
potentially all around them. I choke on all the hateful words that I
have both said and heard in my day.

I want to fight. I want to fight all those who shy away from certain
others in the name of popularity. You want to be cool? Stop caring
what other people think and start caring about yourself and your
ephemeral happiness. Where do you get off thinking that your joy is
tied in any way to a trend or paradigm set by those with budgets
beyond our comprehension and character about as deep as a kiddie pool?

My heart hangs heavy as I realize all the moments I wasted, all the
carnage that I have caused, for it is not intention but action which
creates the consequences. I pounds a little harder when I see the
awful truth that those who have everything will only know how to
appreciate when they lose it, if they ever do.

My fists clench as I contain the urge to knock the teeth out of the
mouths of those who waste their abilities; this includes myself; whomever
find solace ever in repeatition and habit over the brilliance of the
day.

My words I now hone, a sharper and sharper blade with which to cut
through the ambiguity and miscommunication in everday life, to attempt
to be heard amid the din of those with so much to say and so little to
impart.

My observation I focus, for it is in the details where the truth lies.
I can only hope that both my irises may shine a little brighter with
the rightous cause of being. For when it is darkest I cannot help but
see a way out, my others be so inspired as well.

My spirit I hold sacred, for it is the one and only thing that cannot
be taken away. Even through the abuse inflicted comes from both
inside and out, I cannot die, merely swept away, buried under the best
and worst intentions of those who I am fortunate enough to hold dear;
seen not as I am but how others wish, need me to be.

It is for all these reasons that I must carry on, for while others
suffer, I cannot myself be free, for to stand by is to accept. Be
careful, as far as my reach extends, I just might succeed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, wait...you're not located in antigua and barbuda....or at least i think you're not......

    Looks like you're back on the posting train, which is cool...I've gotten off a long time ago...I just couldn't fit anything onto the page with meaning...nor did I care to put meaningless filler on...so there it stands...

    Hope to hear from you soon. And think Beijing 2008...Olympics baby!!...(if we start plan/save now, we can date olympic swimmers later)

    ReplyDelete