Monday, December 26, 2005

Greetings from the ooze

Hello and Greetings from the Upstate! I like this whole out of state thing: I really wanna just wank off like some traveling radio show telling everyone how their little slice of the world is THE best slice of the world. And I can, cause it raised me. Nice. In all reality though it's really hit home (no pun intended) that "getting out" should be balanced with remembering where one comes from, the area that you needed to get away from in the first place.

I mean, so far I have had the quintessential vacation. If I want to reminisce, I can actaully go to the place where the it was first formed. I got to watch a Giants game with an old high school contemporary (it was fun Karin, maybe we'll get our season tickets by the time we're 40 -- and when we do, I'll see ya at every one). Got to kick it with the holmes (I don't think we could have had enough tequila to make the Albany drinking scene less disabled than it was), hung out fashionably with the rents (Apologies, but I had to read parents and fashionable in the same sentence; it had been so long that I had to make it happen) and just generally remembered why and the fact that my younger years were held together by some pretty kickin things to do. That's not to say that they are on par with today's days and nights (I mean, we can now consume intoxcating things, enough said), but considering the vast amounts of nothing I knew about myself and my world during my upbringing things were so bad. Like drinking a bottle of whisky between 2 people in an hour before mayday -- Jesus christ, I remember nothing but Tom, myself, and the shaggin' wagon waking up scattered about the track at RPI: 7 miles and four hours from where we started.

I could go on, but I am currently in the middle of a little experiment: can I make the place where I grew up fun in the current time? I'm optimistic, and I promise to keep you current of anything truly noteworthy. Happy holidays everyone, I'll be home on the 29th and in the meanwhile, don't do anything that I wouldn't do.

No comments:

Post a Comment